Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pregnant with a 6-month Old

I'm here-laying on my couch as my little one sleeps, blogging to the "world" about my wonderful pregnancy pains. 

I know the pains mean our little Dominic is growing and my body is compensating for his ever changing self inside of me, but I'm already feeling the give and take of having two children and I find it interesting that God is bringing this to light before Dom even arrives. I have to put myself second when Roman is awake-playing, feeding, reading, changing, and cleaning-but that also means, at times putting Dominic second since he's feeding off of me! When I come to this realization I take a breath, get some water and a snack while Roman happily plays in his jumper. 

I embrace this realization early as it is good practice for when Dominic is HERE with us and the needs of two increase. Pregnancy and wrangling an infant is all I've known with my kiddos, so I won't know what two little lives take until January, but for now I'm resting while I have the chance and thanking God for my beautiful life. 

Btw-I totally don't want to sugar coat; these pains are real, they aren't going away, and I'm sure with 19 weeks to go I haven't felt the half of it. But I've had some experience and trust in my God and the doctors around me to get me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment