Tuesday, August 26, 2014

{His direction, His calling}

I don't know if it's having two babies to think about now, or maturing in my own life-but decision making these days seems to be under a microscope for me. I don't consider myself an irresponsible person, but long gone are the days where I flippantly make a decision and hope it works out. I've gotten more involved with giving God my decision making over the years and waiting to see His response of where we should be going. Let me tell you, even for a strong believer in the Lord it is still a scary process. My human mind says "TIME OUT-this can't happen" while God is clearly saying "let me worry about the logistics, you just follow my lead". Phew. Easier put into words on a blog than possibly living out in my day to day life. 

But let me tell you-the decisions He has called us to make that didn't make logical sense in the moment have been the greatest decisions and brought us to this amazing place in our lives. It's a daily commitment, that I will admit I don't always hold up my end on, to talk to God and ask for His direction in our lives. But I find a peace when I call on Him. 

I'm blessed daily. And thankful for all He does. (even when I don't want to give it up and let Him sometimes)

***Today I'm starting a devotional alongside my sister (via text because we live 200 MILES AWAY from each other) and I'm excited to see what this new aspect will bring to my daily life. Check it out here

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment