Monday, May 20, 2013

Friendships with Meaning

After tidying up the house, spending some tummy time on the floor with my son and drinking what was left of yesterday's hazelnut latte, one of my great friends came over and we shared in some much enjoyed girl time (plus one small boy presence) for the day. 

Toward the middle of the day as we were thinking back on old times, my "God's Purpose" moment came about and I sat back and smiled at it. Not looking for it in that current moment, it made me smile because I've just started this blog about putting effort into looking for His purpose daily and here it is knocking me back on the couch-it couldn't have been more obvious! 

I saw His purpose of great friendships in my life. I'll be the first to admit I don't have many people I can call my "bests" and that's not a "poor me" statement at all-it's just how it is and I like it that way. I learned early on that lots of sorta-friends or especially fake-friends are not the people I want in my life. They don't care what's best for their friends and it ends up pulling me down in the end. Whoa-took that in a different direction...back to His purpose :) The few great friends He has given me bless my heart in different ways, but I appreciate them all and I appreciate Him for helping me grow and continue these relationships. I love my people He has given me and love what I can share with them-we may not have the same opinion on everything, lead the same lives day-to-day or always be together-but I also learned early on that that's ok! We can be who we each want to be and still be bests :) 

God's purpose in my life is divine, intentional and blessed beyond imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment